Oklahoma football: Q&A for fans of the Red River Rivalry
Berry Tramel takes a look at some key details for fans heading to the Cotton Bowl or watching from home.
What network will air the game?
ABC, with a national broadcast, starting at 11 a.m. Brad Nessler will call the game with analysis from Todd Blackledge and sideline reports from Holly Rowe.
Videoview all videos
Oct 11Jenni Carlson and Jason Kersey discuss OU's Jalen...
Oct 10Did Javon Harris run away with it? Find out which play...
Photoview all 8 photos
NewsOK Related Articles
What about pregame and postgame shows?
KOCO-TV in Oklahoma City (the ABC affiliate) will air a pregame show at 10 a.m. but no post-game show, since West Virginia-Texas Tech immediately follows OU-Texas on ABC. Sooner Sports Game Day airs at 10 a.m. on Fox Sports Oklahoma, with a post-game show immediately following the game.
Who is the home team?
OU. The Sooners will wear crimson jerseys and, more importantly, will get to host recruits. Texas will wear white jerseys and occupy the sideline opposite the pressbox.
What about road construction en route to Dallas?
In Oklahoma, OU officials have been told all lanes of I-35 will be open. Of course, traffic slows in Denton, 35 miles north of downtown Dallas.
Official Twitter updates are available from Oklahoma @OKDOT and Texas @TxDOT.
For GPS purposes, what's the address to the Cotton Bowl?
3750 Cotton Bowl Plaza, Dallas, TX, 75210.
What does parking cost?
Parking is available on State Fair lots for $15 per space. More than 20,000 spaces are available in official State Fair lots. Valet parking is available for $30 and can be accessed via the Parry/Haskell entrance. Over-the-road buses are charged $45. All parking lots open at 7 a.m. Tune in to 1650 AM for information.
What about public transportation?
Fans can ride the DART Rail Green Line to two stations — Fair Park Station, located on Parry Avenue at the entrance to the fairgrounds, and MLK Jr. Station, located south of R.B. Cullum Boulevard and convenient to the MLK fairground entrance (Gate 6) and the Cotton Bowl. To learn more about DART, go to http://www.dart.org/statefair/statefair.asp.
Sports Photo Galleriesview all
COLLEGE BASKETBALL VIDEOS
- 13360Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 9892Oklahoma tornadoes: Cost, custom keep basements scarce
- 9697Finding Addyson – One family's struggle in the Moore tornado
- 8639Oklahoma tornadoes: Plaza Towers Elementary School teacher shoved students into bathroom as wall collapsed
- 6622Miranda Lambert, Reba McEntire, Vince Gill to join Blake Shelton at "Healing in the Heartland" Oklahoma tornado benefit
- 5282Oklahoma tornadoes: Woman meets the military officer who shared the clothes off his back
- 4594Story behind the photo: Family members describe desperate search for one another after EF5 twister