Get Your Licks on Route 66 pet adoption tour planned
The fourth annual FIDO Friendly magazine’s Get Your Licks on Route 66 adoption tour will stop in Oklahoma City on Friday, Oct. 19. The event is designed to raise awareness about the many adoptable pets in shelters and foster homes from Los Angeles to Chicago.
Best Friend of Pets will have dogs available for adoption at the event. The tour stops at PetSmart at 2140 W Memorial Rd. from 3 p.m. to 7 p.m.
This year’s tour is made more special by the many companies who have donated products to be used as prizes for a large spinning wheel.
Susan Sims, publisher of FIDO Friendly magazine and founder of the tour said, “We are so thrilled with the many sponsors who are donating fun products to be used as prizes. Attendees can donate $2 per spin with proceeds going directly to Best Friends of Pets that day.
Prizes include DVD’s, dog treats and food to dog products.” Photos will be taken of dogs who are adopted and one lucky pup will be chosen to appear on the cover of FIDO Friendly magazine in 2013.
For more information about the tour or pets for adoption, call Best Friends of Pets at 418-8511 or go to www.bestfriendsofpets.org.
News Photo Galleriesview all
- 21543Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 10852Oklahoma tornadoes: Woman meets the military officer who shared the clothes off his back
- 8707Oklahoma tornadoes: Thunder reverses the role, takes a turn at cheering on the community
- 8666Finding Addyson – One family's struggle in the Moore tornado
- 8648Hobby Lobby argues case before federal judges
- 7837Blake Shelton's "Healing the Heartland" televised tornado benefit set for Wednesday at Chesapeake Energy Arena
- 7718Story behind the photo: Family members describe desperate search for one another after EF5 twister