High school football: Austin Brooks throws five touchdown passes as OCS thrashes Dibble
Brooks completes all 11 pass attempts, totals 258 yards as No. 4-ranked Saints improve to 6-1
DIBBLE — Oklahoma Christian School aims to keep enjoying its finest season in around a decade of playing 11-man football.
The Saints, ranked fourth in Class 2A, socked Dibble 56-7 on Friday at Dibble Stadium. Senior quarterback Austin Brooks led the OCS charge, tossing for 258 yards and five touchdowns on 11-of-11 passing.
Photoview all 28 photos
NewsOK Related Articles
Brooks hooked up with sophomore Connor Sikes twice for 74 yards and two scores. Brooks delivered the ball twice to senior Blake Barnes for 60 yards and two TDs.
OCS (6-1 overall, 4-0 District 2A-2) came off a 22-18 triumph over previously top-ranked Millwood for perhaps the best win since the program switched from eight-man football. The enthusiasm from that sweet victory carried over into practice this week.
“It was very exciting,” Oklahoma Christian coach Derek Turner said. “We had emails from everywhere. Our kids came out and worked hard.”
Turner expects to focus his team even more with the wins coming.
“We had a live scrimmage Wednesday, and our scout team worked well,” Turner said. “We spent time Monday not only looking at video of Dibble but also continued breaking down film of Millwood. It's the little things that make a difference in becoming a championship team. I don't know if they'll get there, but we'll keep working towards that. It just takes time to build a program.”
Sports Photo Galleriesview all
- 90847Oklahoma weather: Severe storm updates
- 38051Oklahoma devastated by second round of twisters
- 25585Oklahoma tornadoes: 'It took it all'
- 23461Oklahoma State football: Limiting Wes Lunt's transfer options makes Mike Gundy look bad
- 13823Oklahoma City tornado so large, may not be recognized, officials say
- 12196Several kids pulled out of Oklahoma school rubble alive
- 11468How to help tornado victims