High school football: Jenks uses big second half to overcome Westmoore
Following a seesaw first half of play with a physical Westmoore team, Class 6A No. 1 Jenks responded to a halftime challenge from its coach.
JENKS — Following a seesaw first half of play with a physical Westmoore team, Class 6A No. 2 Jenks responded to a halftime challenge from its coach.
Photoview all 28 photos
NewsOK Related Articles
The result was 24 unanswered points and a 38-14 District 6A-2 victory Friday night at Hunter-Dwelley Stadium.
Trey'Vonne Barr'e had three rushing touchdowns and Kyle Alexander connected with Trey Michalczewski on two passing scores for the Trojans (5-2, 4-0).
The second-half explosion by the Trojans overshadowed an inspired effort on the ground by Westmoore (4-3, 2-2). Jaguars quarterback Jhames West and running back Austin Richards spearheaded a running game that gained almost 200 yards in the first half while piling up 10 first downs.
Go to TulsaWorld.com for more.
Sports Photo Galleriesview all
- 21543Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 10852Oklahoma tornadoes: Woman meets the military officer who shared the clothes off his back
- 8707Oklahoma tornadoes: Thunder reverses the role, takes a turn at cheering on the community
- 8666Finding Addyson – One family's struggle in the Moore tornado
- 8648Hobby Lobby argues case before federal judges
- 7837Blake Shelton's "Healing the Heartland" televised tornado benefit set for Wednesday at Chesapeake Energy Arena
- 7718Story behind the photo: Family members describe desperate search for one another after EF5 twister