Oklahoma football report card: Sooners get high marks all around; bathrooms a black eye again
Grading the Sooners in their 63-21 rout of Texas is like deciding what to eat at an Eddie Deen's barbeque buffet. You can't go wrong no matter what you pick.
Videoview all videos
Oct 14The Sooners blow out the Longorns, 63-21, in the Cotton...
Oct 13Berry Tramel and Jason Kersey explain how and why the...
Photoview all 129 photos
NewsOK Related Articles
THREE-BACK OFFENSE: A
The Sooners used their full-house backfield on 17 snaps. On those snaps, Damien Williams carried nine times for 132 yards, including a 95-yard TD run; Dom Whaley carried three times for 16 yards; Trey Millard carried once for 20 yards; and Landry Jones completed three of four passes for 47 yards, including a 25-yard TD pass to Millard.
Some of OU's most beleaguered players shined. Tom Wort forced a fumble and bulldogged tailback Johnathan Gray short of a first down on a third-down run. Fellow linebacker Corey Nelson had two tackles for loss and tipped a pass. Defensive end R.J. Washington had two quarterback hurries. And oh, yes, Landry had a solid game – 21 of 37 passing, 321 yards and two touchdowns, with one interception.
The midfield cotton logo was bordered by a large black circle. Not attractive and an affront to the classic look of a simple cotton stalk.
From the line to fullbacks Millard and Aaron Ripkowski to the receivers on the perimeter, the Sooners moved the Longhorns out of the way. Landry was sacked just once, and that on an intentional-grounding penalty that wasn't initially called. Meanwhile, OU ballcarriers rushed 50 times for 353 yards, an average of 7.1 yards per carry.
KICKING GAME: B
Sports Photo Galleriesview all
- 15155OKC Thunder: Thunder trio praise fans before potential departures
- 10481Oklahoma State football: Todd Monken thinks Wes Lunt should've stayed in Stillwater
- 7111Oklahoma medical examiner reports cause of deaths in Grand Lake boat crash
- 6362Soaring gasoline prices hurt Oklahoma City area retailers
- 6344Oklahoma football: Sooners get pair of commitments
- 5951Student shot dead during botched home invasion
- 4162As Boy Scouts' vote on gay members nears, faith groups weigh in