Oklahoma State football: Offensive coordinator Todd Monken says QB Wes Lunt was 'not ready to go'
Here is a look at what players and coaches had to say after Oklahoma State's 20-14 win over Kansas:
OSU offensive coordinator Todd Monken on the decision to start J.W. Walsh: “If you're going to build your offense around Wes, then you have to be able to let him have the reps. If you're going to build it around J.W., then I think you have to give him the reps. Sometime during the week, you've got to decide that (Lunt is) really not ready to go.”
Photoview all 27 photos
NewsOK Related Articles
OSU co-defensive coordinator Glenn Spencer on Kansas' late touchdowns: “They got in a formation that we practiced a lot, but they hit some seams on us that they weren't hittin' in the first half. So those two plays were those two big scores. Other than that, you're doing what you want to do — you're making them run the clock, you're not doing anything stupid to give up a home run. But we had two mental busts on two big plays.”
Kansas linebacker Jake Love on the game: “We played them tough, and we came out a little dry after the weather delay. Then they kind of jumped up on us. We came back strong in the fourth (quarter), but it just wasn't enough.”
OSU coach Mike Gundy on the Iowa State game: “There's no doubt that next week, we're going to have to play better.”
Kansas linebacker Huldon Tharpe on the positives he takes from the game: “You always have to find something positive, or else you end up falling in a hole if you are always looking at the negatives. We will take the positives out of here and try and build on that. There are things to clean up still, but good overall with the defense.”
OSU quarterback J.W. Walsh on the win: “Any time you get a win, you've got to be happy for your team. It might not be the way you wanted it to be, but it's a win.”
Sports Photo Galleriesview all
- 90701Oklahoma weather: Severe storm updates
- 63579Oklahoma tornadoes: 'It took it all'
- 37826Oklahoma sucker-punched by second round of twisters
- 34889Oklahoma State football: Limiting Wes Lunt's transfer options makes Mike Gundy look bad
- 13810Oklahoma City tornado so large, may not be recognized, officials say
- 12671Oklahoma weather: Crews work to clear storm damage in Oklahoma City as the state braces for severe weather Sunday.
- 12126Several kids pulled out of Oklahoma school rubble alive