Deer Creek superintendent takes job at Mustang
Sean McDaniel asked the Deer Creek School Board on Oct. 9 to be released from his contract.
Deer Creek Superintendent Sean McDaniel is leaving his post to assume the helm at Mustang Public Schools.
McDaniel's last day at Deer Creek is Nov. 1. He'll take over as Mustang Public Schools superintendent on Nov. 5.
“Mustang has a super reputation statewide as a forward-thinking district,” he said. “It's a great opportunity with some of the best and brightest.”
At the same time, he said, leaving Deer Creek is bittersweet. McDaniel said he knows the district will keep progressing.
He plans to stay in the area so his son can go to school at Deer Creek.
“I'll continue to be a Deer Creek parent, so it's a win-win for me and my family,” he said.
Deer Creek School Board President David Miller said in letter to parents posted Wednesday that the board will decide on how to seek out a new superintendent and possibly vote on an interim superintendent during a special board meeting on Monday.
“Mr. McDaniel has been a positive force in helping Deer Creek move forward as we continue to strive for excellence in education,” Miller said. “His focus remained on doing what is best for all students by initiating several researched-based philosophies and practices where the ultimate gain is student achievement and success.”
News Photo Galleriesview all
- 21543Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 10852Oklahoma tornadoes: Woman meets the military officer who shared the clothes off his back
- 8707Oklahoma tornadoes: Thunder reverses the role, takes a turn at cheering on the community
- 8666Finding Addyson – One family's struggle in the Moore tornado
- 8648Hobby Lobby argues case before federal judges
- 7837Blake Shelton's "Healing the Heartland" televised tornado benefit set for Wednesday at Chesapeake Energy Arena
- 7718Story behind the photo: Family members describe desperate search for one another after EF5 twister