Edmond Board of Realtors blood drive set for Nov. 1
EDMOND -- The Edmond Board of Realtors and Oklahoma Blood Institute (OBI) are partnering for a blood drive Thursday, Nov. 1, to help save the lives of those in area hospitals.
The drive will occur from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. at 20 E Campbell, Edmond.
One blood donation can save as many as three lives. Yet, it typically takes only an hour to give blood. This brief act of community service can make a major, life-saving difference.
People 16 years and older* are usually able to give. During November, each blood donor receives the choice of an OSU or OU Bedlam blood donor T-shirt, health screenings and Donor Rewards Points, redeemable at OBI’s online store.
If donors prefer, they can forgo the T-shirts to support the Global Blood Fund. Oklahoma Blood Institute will redirect funds for the shirts to this charity assisting blood centers in developing countries.
Donors with Oklahoma Blood Institute provide every drop of blood needed by patients in more than 140 Oklahoma medical facilities. This includes all hospitals in metro Oklahoma City.
Appointments are not required but can be made by calling Phil Kalivoda at 596-9039, Oklahoma Blood Institute at 877-340-8777 or visiting obi.org.
* 16-year-olds must weigh at least 125 and provide signed parental permission, 17-year-olds must weigh at least 125 pounds, 18 and up must weigh at least 110 pounds.
News Photo Galleriesview all
- 4046At least 51 die in Oklahoma tornado, official says
- 3397Oklahoma devastated by second round of twisters
- 3003How to help tornado victims
- 2509Read live updates from the May 20 Moore tornado
- 1115Several kids pulled out of Oklahoma school rubble alive
- 620Oklahoma twister tracked path of 1999 tornado
- 439Twitter reaction from the sports world on the Moore/OKC tornadoes