Yukon Walmart plans blood drive
YUKON -- The Yukon Walmart and Oklahoma Blood Institute (OBI) are partnering for a blood drive Saturday, Nov. 3, to help save the lives of those in area hospitals. The drive will occur from 12:30 to 4 p.m. at 1200 Garth Brooks Boulevard.
One blood donation can save as many as three lives. Yet, it typically takes only an hour to give blood. This brief act of community service can make a major, life-saving difference.
People 16 years and older* are usually able to give. During November, each blood donor receives the choice of an OSU or OU Bedlam blood donor T-shirt, health screenings and Donor Rewards Points, redeemable at OBI’s online store.
If donors prefer, they can forgo the T-shirts to support the Global Blood Fund. Oklahoma Blood Institute will redirect funds for the shirts to this charity assisting blood centers in developing countries.
Donors with Oklahoma Blood Institute provide every drop of blood needed by patients in more than 140 Oklahoma medical facilities. This includes all hospitals in metro Oklahoma City.
Appointments are not required but can be made by calling Oklahoma Blood Institute at 877-340-8777 or visiting obi.org.
* 16-year-olds must weigh at least 125 and provide signed parental permission, 17-year-olds must weigh at least 125 pounds, 18 and up must weigh at least 110 pounds.
News Photo Galleriesview all
- 13110Oklahoma State football: Todd Monken thinks Wes Lunt should've stayed in Stillwater
- 12605OKC Thunder: Thunder trio praise fans before potential departures
- 11229Oklahoma medical examiner reports cause of deaths in Grand Lake boat crash
- 10063Report: OSU blocking Wes Lunt from transferring to the SEC, Big 12 and Southern Miss
- 7965Oklahoma football: Sooners get pair of commitments
- 5849Oklahoma City Thunder: Amnesty Kendrick Perkins?
- 5300Soaring gasoline prices hurt Oklahoma City area retailers