Guthrie and Cashion high schools play tough football games
Guthrie and Cashion were the victors in Thursday night high school football action.
Guthrie took on Deer Creek on Thursday night at the Blue Jays' Jelsma Stadium with Guthrie winning a close game 42-35 over the Antlers in overtime.
Guthrie quarterback Bryan Dutton threw for 263 yards and two touchdowns in the win that improved Guthrie to 8-0 this season. The Blue Jays won last year's Class 5A state football championship.
Crescent lost its home game with Cashion 36-29 in another close game. Cashion quarterback Nate Lee threw a 31-yard touchdown pass with six seconds remaining in the come-from-behind win.
News Photo Galleriesview all
- 13316Oklahoma tornadoes: Plaza Towers Elementary School teacher shoved students into bathroom as wall collapsed
- 11704Oklahoma tornadoes: Cost, custom keep basements scarce
- 5428Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 5363Downtown wish list includes Super Target
- 4511OU softball: Sooners inspired by Casey Angle, run-rule Texas A&M
- 4209Oklahoma City pastor will face trial in fatal shooting of son-in law
- 3958How to help tornado victims