Oklahoma State football: Lunt, Chelf will split practice time this week
Oklahoma State coach Mike Gundy said quarterback J.W. Walsh played approximately 70 snaps after injuring his leg vs. Iowa State on Saturday.
Gundy compared the toughness shown by Walsh to that of a Navy Seal.
Walsh, who played the majority of the last four games for OSU, is expected to miss the rest of the season. He has thrown for 1,467 yards and 10 touchdowns, while rushing for another 254 yards and three touchdowns.
The question now becomes is Wes Lunt, who started the Cowboys first three games, healthy enough to return to the field.
Gundy said Monday during his weekly press conference that Lunt has been practicing and will split practice time with Clint Chelf this week as the Cowboys prepare to take on TCU on Saturday in Stillwater.
The Oklahoman's Anthony Slater, Gina Mizell and John Helsley provided live updates of Mike Gundy's press conference via Twitter. Here is a look at what else Gundy had to say on Monday:
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 12458Oklahoma tornadoes: Plaza Towers Elementary School teacher shoved students into bathroom as wall collapsed
- 11436Oklahoma tornadoes: Cost, custom keep basements scarce
- 6211Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 5407Finding Addyson – One family's struggle in the Moore tornado
- 4993Downtown wish list includes Super Target
- 4408OU softball: Sooners inspired by Casey Angle, run-rule Texas A&M
- 3817Oklahoma City pastor will face trial in fatal shooting of son-in law
- 3613How to help tornado victims
- 3586Oklahoma tornadoes: Moore tornado was ninth deadliest in Oklahoma history
- 3014Oklahoma City Thunder: In his absence, Russell Westbrook's value becomes obvious
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients