Edmond holds annual Mayor's Prayer Breakfast
Edmond's annual Mayor's Prayer Breakfast on Tuesday was led by Mayor Charles Lamb. The event is sponsored by the Edmond Heritage Alliance Inc.
EDMOND — Mayor Charles Lamb on Tuesday led the annual Mayor's Prayer Breakfast, which started in Edmond in 1978.
Former Mayor Bob Rudkin was the driving force in 1996 to keeping the prayer breakfast going after a couple of years without the event. Rudkin died last year at age 80.
Rudkin, an attorney, was mayor from 1995 through 2001. He also was the city judge in Edmond and served on the school board for 25 years.
The breakfast is sponsored each year by the Edmond Heritage Alliance Inc., a group formed to organize and present the prayer breakfast to the community. It is based upon Judeo-Christian principles and welcomes all walks of faith.
News Photo Galleriesview all
- 10457Oklahoma tornadoes: Cost, custom keep basements scarce
- 9286Oklahoma tornadoes: Plaza Towers Elementary School teacher shoved students into bathroom as wall collapsed
- 5848Downtown wish list includes Super Target
- 4983Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 4420Oklahoma City pastor will face trial in fatal shooting of son-in law
- 4301Oklahoma tornadoes: Price family recovering after some heavy blows
- 4216How to help tornado victims