Mr. Habitat to appear at Mabee-Gerrer Museum in Shawnee
SHAWNEE -- Bill Oliver, known internationally as Mr. Habitat, will present a free public concert at the Mabee-Gerrer Museum of Art at 1 p.m. Saturday, Oct. 27.
With over twenty years of concerts, campfires, and cafetoriums, Bill's programs are educational and entertaining, engaging and motivating. In schools, National Parks, and river-side celebrations, his songs bring to life the vital issues of Habitat conservation.
"We are very excited for Mr. Habitat to visit Shawnee," said Donna Merkt, MGMoA curator of education. "As environmental issues are becoming increasingly important to our community, Bill's musical messages promoting environmental conservation and sustainability will find an appreciative audience among our youth and adults."
The Mabee-Gerrer Museum of Art is at 1900 W MacArthur, Shawnee, on the campus of St. Gregory's University.
The museum is an independent non-profit organization. For additional information about the museum's exhibitions and programs, please visit www.mgmoa.org.
For questions concerning the MGMoA Cultural Connections performances, please contact Donna Merkt at 878-5605 or email@example.com.
For additional information about Bill Oliver, please visit www.mrhabitat.net.
News Photo Galleriesview all
- 28939Read live updates from the May 20 Moore tornado
- 26978Oklahoma devastated by second round of twisters
- 12196Several kids pulled out of Oklahoma school rubble alive
- 11468How to help tornado victims
- 10241At least 51 die in Oklahoma tornado, official says
- 5720Police: School near OKC directly hit by tornado
- 5000Oklahoma City tornado so large, may not be recognized, officials say