Search continues for missing Oklahoma woman
Ruby Poole, 74, of Pocola, has been missing since Oct. 17.
POCOLA — A Pocola woman has been missing for more than a week despite extensive efforts to find her, her family said Thursday.
Ruby Poole, 74, lives in Le Flore County near the Arkansas state line in eastern Oklahoma.
She was last seen about 11 p.m. Oct. 17 at 2504 N Gray St., wearing a black, beige and gray checkered jacket over a purple sweater with blue jeans. She is believed to have wandered away on foot, police said.
Her cousin, Deborah Glover, of Oklahoma City, said Poole has dementia and requires medication.
Authorities have worked to fine Poole with searches by foot, ground and air, Glover said.
Glover said her cousin wandered off once before, but was found the same day at a mall.
Family members are worried and hope to find their missing loved one, Glover said.
“We're just trying to get the message out to anywhere we possibly can, so that if someone spots her they'll call police,” Glover said.
Police have received reports of sightings, Glover said.
See our commenting and posting policy.
News Photo Galleriesview all
- 19121Oklahoma weather: Crews work to clear storm damage in Oklahoma City as the state braces for severe weather Sunday.
- 7589OKC Thunder: Thunder trio praise fans before potential departures
- 6569Oklahoma Severe Storm Updates
- 6311OKC Thunder GM Sam Presti won't amnesty Kendrick Perkins
- 5835Student shot dead during botched home invasion
- 4411Oklahoma medical examiner reports cause of deaths in Grand Lake boat crash
- 4396Oklahoma State football: Todd Monken thinks Wes Lunt should've stayed in Stillwater