Stoops could’ve been Notre Dame’s coach, but he has stayed loyal to OU
Bob Stoops seems like a good fit for Notre Dame — grew up in a Catholic home, was coached by a Notre Dame graduate. But he has stayed at Oklahoma, and school officials have supplied him with an environment that keeps him content.
NORMAN — Bob Stoops says he grew up in a home with no strong college football allegiance.
“I don’t ever recall … my household ever rooting really hard for anybody in particular,” Stoops said.
Switzerland, huh? The old house on Detroit Avenue a bastion of neutrality?
We call a rebuttal witness. A primary source. Little brother Mike Stoops.
News Photo Galleriesview all
- 14589OKC Thunder: Thunder trio praise fans before potential departures
- 8609Oklahoma State football: Todd Monken thinks Wes Lunt should've stayed in Stillwater
- 6402Student shot dead during botched home invasion
- 6393Oklahoma medical examiner reports cause of deaths in Grand Lake boat crash
- 6018Soaring gasoline prices hurt Oklahoma City area retailers
- 5816Oklahoma football: Sooners get pair of commitments
- 4098As Boy Scouts' vote on gay members nears, faith groups weigh in