Oklahoma congressional candidates campaigns are expensive
Markwayne Mullin and Rob Wallace raise money for their campaigns while fighting for the Oklahoma District 2 congressional seat while in District 3, incumbent U.S. Rep Frank Lucas is raising cash for others,
WASHINGTON — Fighting in the sprawling congressional district in eastern Oklahoma, Markwayne Mullin and Rob Wallace have collected small donations from local residents and thousands of dollars from Washington special interests. They have plowed those contributions back into their campaigns, buying ads and yard signs and paying aides and consultants.
Across the state, in the large western Oklahoma district long controlled by Rep. Frank Lucas, there is a different campaign model — that of a safe incumbent acting as a fundraising operation...
View full article on Oklahoman.com
How do I get Full Access?
News Photo Galleriesview all
- 30612Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 15589Bradley Cooper, Zach Galifianakis, Ed Helms drink in success of 'Hangover' series
- 10266Oklahoma tornadoes: Woman meets the military officer who shared the clothes off his back
- 9653Oklahoma tornadoes: Thunder reverses the role, takes a turn at cheering on the community
- 9634Hobby Lobby argues case before federal judges
- 8172Story behind the photo: Family members describe desperate search for one another after EF5 twister
- 8167Blake Shelton's "Healing the Heartland" televised tornado benefit set for Wednesday at Chesapeake Energy Arena