Oklahoma State football: TCU coach Gary Patterson says Frogs 'couldn't finish'
Here is a look at what coaches and players were saying after Oklahoma State's 36-14 win over TCU:
OSU coach Mike Gundy on rebounding after falling behind 14-0: “For the first 15 minutes, there wasn't anything that went our way. Some of it was self-inflicted. But our guys continued to have good body language and a good attitude and that's so important in a team sport.”
TCU coach Gary Patterson on the game: “It was obvious in the third quarter, and for the second week in a row, that when they turned up the gas, we couldn't finish.”
OSU running back Jeremy Smith on his touchdown scored on fourth-and-goal: “We hate to come off the field, especially on fourth-and-short when we think that we can get it. For the coaches to trust us on that feels pretty good, so we had to get the job done.”
TCU center James Fry on the game: “I don't want to admit it, but we quit. Coach Patterson mentioned we quit, and it kind of felt like felt like we did. I don't know if we were just shocked that they came back or we just don't know how to dig ourselves out from being in a corner. We just didn't fight back.”
OSU defensive end Cooper Bassett on the Cowboys' performance: “It's nice to see Calvin Barnett and James Castleman being huge for us. They really do make our defense run. They're the guys in the middle that make sure nothing happens. They plug that stuff up, so our speed on the outside, the perimeter and the backside can flourish.”
OSU defensive coordinator Bill Young on containing TCU quarterback Trevone Boykin: “Their quarterback is awfully mobile. He's a very good athlete. We went with a plan to try to keep him in the pocket, and I think for the most part we did that. At the same time, they completed some passes and moved the ball, but we didn't panic.”
Sports Photo Galleriesview all
- 22254Oklahoma medical examiner reports cause of deaths in Grand Lake boat crash
- 17756Oklahoma City Thunder: Amnesty Kendrick Perkins?
- 12801Rockets guard Patrick Beverley bombarded with hateful Tweets after Thunder get eliminated
- 10958Oklahoma State football: Todd Monken thinks Wes Lunt should've stayed in Stillwater
- 10241Oklahoma football: Sooners get pair of commitments
- 9718Report: OSU blocking Wes Lunt from transferring to the SEC, Big 12 and Southern Miss
- 8905OKC Thunder: Thunder trio praise fans before potential departures