OKC Thunder: Jeremy Lamb now youngest player on the team
Athletic rookie joins young OKC cast.
Add Jeremy Lamb to the Thunder's lengthy list of impressive 20-somethings.
At age 20, he becomes the youngest player on one of the league's youngest and most talented rosters.
Videoview all videos
Oct 28Thunder GM Sam Presti talks about the details surrounding...
Oct 28Leola Boyd so badly wanted James Harden to stay with the...
Photoview all 30 photos
NewsOK Related Articles
11 JEREMY LAMB
Birth date: 5/30/92
NBA seasons: Rookie
Lamb is so young, he has Thunder general manager Sam Presti categorizing varying levels of youth on a roster that also includes starters in 23-year-olds Russell Westbrook and Serge Ibaka, plus 24-year-old Kevin Durant.
“We feel by adding Jeremy Lamb to (21-year-old) Perry Jones and (22-year-old) Reggie Jackson, we really feel good about some of the young players that we have in this program,” Presti said Sunday while smiling. “I say young, comparatively speaking to the core that we have with Serge, Russell and Kevin.”
The No. 12 overall pick in last June's NBA Draft, Lamb is so athletic he often appears not to be going at full-tilt.
“He has great length,” Presti said. “He is a very smooth athlete that's getting a lot done, although he doesn't look (like he is). It's just very easy for him, the way it looks. He's giving you maximal effort, but he's very graceful. Another thing about him that's very intriguing is at that size, he can do a myriad of things with the ball and he is a very, very gifted offensive player as a passer, a scorer and a playmaker.”
Sports Photo Galleriesview all
VIDEOS FROM NBA TV
Buy Tickets View all
- 14355OKC Thunder: Thunder trio praise fans before potential departures
- 8524Oklahoma State football: Todd Monken thinks Wes Lunt should've stayed in Stillwater
- 6282Oklahoma medical examiner reports cause of deaths in Grand Lake boat crash
- 6264Student shot dead during botched home invasion
- 5946Soaring gasoline prices hurt Oklahoma City area retailers
- 5763Oklahoma football: Sooners get pair of commitments
- 4015As Boy Scouts' vote on gay members nears, faith groups weigh in