Audit shows Education Department used a “front organization” to host a conference
State Auditor Gary Jones said the state Education Department under state schools Superintendent Janet Barresi used personnel in a questionable and likely inappropriate manner to solicit and spend more than $200,000 for an education conference in 2011.
The Oklahoma state Education Department is in trouble again for using state employees to solicit private donations and passing the money through questionable nonprofit accounts.
A special investigation released Monday by the state auditor and inspector’s office outlines how education officials under state schools Superintendent Janet Barresi set up a “front...
View full article on Oklahoman.com
How do I get Full Access?
News Photo Galleriesview all
- 15085Oklahoma weather: Crews work to clear storm damage in Oklahoma City as the state braces for severe weather Sunday.
- 9747OKC Thunder: Thunder trio praise fans before potential departures
- 6716Student shot dead during botched home invasion
- 5465Oklahoma Severe Storm Updates
- 5340OKC Thunder GM Sam Presti won't amnesty Kendrick Perkins
- 5237Oklahoma State football: Todd Monken thinks Wes Lunt should've stayed in Stillwater
- 5225Oklahoma medical examiner reports cause of deaths in Grand Lake boat crash