Update: Turner Turnpike westbound lanes reopened after tractor-trailer crash
A tractor-trailer has crashed on the Turner Turnpike, blocking eastbound and westbound lanes Tuesday afternoon. Troopers are working to clear the wreck.
2:25 p.m. The westbound lanes of the Turner Turnpike are now open, the patrol reports. The inside eastbound lane remains closed at mile marker 142.
12:50 p.m. Troopers are trying to drag a trailer loaded with 26,000 pounds of meat off the Turner Turnpike, trooper Betsy Randolph said.
Randolph said she does not know how the accident occurred but does know that two semi-tractor trailers were involved. No injuries have been reported.
Troopers report that the road will be intermittently closed for at least 45 minutes so they can clear the roadway, she said.
12:05 p.m. Parts of the Turner Turnpike are shut down Tuesday because of a tractor-trailer wreck, the Oklahoma Highway Patrol reports.
The tractor-trailer hit a retaining wall at mile marker 142 in northeast Oklahoma County about 11:30 a.m., the patrol reports.
Eastbound and westbound lanes are shut down.
News Photo Galleriesview all
- 101218Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 15357OKC Thunder: Kevin Durant tours Moore, meets with residents
- 13402Oklahoma tornadoes: ‘All I could do was sit there and hold her'
- 8724Line of storms brings flash floods to Oklahoma City area
- 8110How to help tornado victims
- 8098Oklahoma tornadoes: Love for Oklahoma generates big donation
- 8041Oklahoma tornadoes: Rams quarterback Sam Bradford leading aid effort