Take a ride on the Christmas pajama trains
SPRINGDALE, Ark. -- “All aboard! All aboard!
"Tickets please, tickets.
"Well, you coming?"
All across the U.S. and even abroad, Chris Van Allsburg’s children’s book, The Polar Express, comes to life in heart-touching 3D movies and astounding 4D theme park rides.
NewsOK Related Articles
The experience is made even more thrilling when excursion trains around the world transform into the Polar Express and Pajama trains during the Christmas season.
The A&M Railroad based in Springdale runs Christmas Pajama trains each holiday season between Springdale and Van Buren, Ark. Although the A&M trains aren’t official Polar Express Train experiences, the ride is still a magical one.
This year, Exploring with Happy has partnered with the A&M Railroad for two Exploring with Happy Christmas Trains departing on Saturday, Nov. 24.
The lunch train departs the Van Buren Depot at 11 a.m. roundtrip to Winslow and the dinner train will depart at 6 p.m. from the Fort Smith Trolley Museum roundtrip to the Van Buren depot, aka the North Pole.
Tickets for first class seats aboard the pajama trains will include dinner, hot chocolate and Christmas cookies. Coach tickets will include hot chocolate and Christmas cookies, and all cars will be provided with fun Christmas entertainment.
We are super excited that much of the proceeds from this year’s Exploring with Happy Christmas Train will go to benefit Samaritan’s Purse Operation Christmas Child.
According to its website, Operation Christmas Child has delivered more than 85 million gift-filled shoe boxes to needy boys and girls in 138 countries worldwide since 1993. These simple gifts demonstrate God’s love to children in a tangible way and provide volunteer national leadership teams, local churches, and ministry partners with the opportunity to share the Good News of Christ.
News Photo Galleriesview all
- 11867Oklahoma tornadoes: Plaza Towers Elementary School teacher shoved students into bathroom as wall collapsed
- 11199Oklahoma tornadoes: Cost, custom keep basements scarce
- 7813Finding Addyson – One family's struggle in the Moore tornado
- 7743Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 4737Downtown wish list includes Super Target
- 4255OU softball: Sooners inspired by Casey Angle, run-rule Texas A&M
- 3606Miranda Lambert, Reba McEntire, Vince Gill to join Blake Shelton at "Healing in the Heartland" Oklahoma tornado benefit