Fort Sill soldiers fire rockets with Singaporean allies in joint exercise in Oklahoma
Soldiers from Fort Sill participated in an exercise with soldiers from Singapore, allowing crews from both nations to fire their High Mobility Artillery Rocket Systems and practice calling in artillery and aircraft strikes.
LAWTON — Soldiers from Fort Sill participated Wednesday in an exercise with soldiers from Singapore involving rocket-fired artillery.
The exercise put soldiers from the two countries side-by-side as they fired High Mobility Artillery Rocket Systems, a truck-mounted launcher that can fire munitions more than 180 miles.
Soldiers also practiced calling in artillery and aircraft strikes and working together with their foreign counterparts, military officials said.
News Photo Galleriesview all
- 10457Oklahoma tornadoes: Cost, custom keep basements scarce
- 9286Oklahoma tornadoes: Plaza Towers Elementary School teacher shoved students into bathroom as wall collapsed
- 5848Downtown wish list includes Super Target
- 4983Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 4420Oklahoma City pastor will face trial in fatal shooting of son-in law
- 4301Oklahoma tornadoes: Price family recovering after some heavy blows
- 4216How to help tornado victims