Parents Helping Parents meets Nov. 6
EDMOND -- The Edmond Chapter of Parents Helping Parents will meet at 6:30 p.m. Tuesday, Nov. 6, at the Oklahoma Blood Institute's private meeting room at 33rd and Broadway Extension.
The speaker will be Cindy Satterfield LPC, LADC, NCGCII, CBHCM. Her topic will be "It's OK to be OK even when the addicted child is not."
Cindy will focus on her observations of the destruction that is caused when parents get so caught up in their child’s addiction. The family forgets how to nurture and care for their own happiness, health and peace. In addition, she will discuss the grief process that is necessary for parents.
Cindy understands us; she is in recovery herself and she has three son’s, all of whom suffered from the disease of addiction.
For more information, please call 642-8198.
News Photo Galleriesview all
- 21543Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 10852Oklahoma tornadoes: Woman meets the military officer who shared the clothes off his back
- 8707Oklahoma tornadoes: Thunder reverses the role, takes a turn at cheering on the community
- 8666Finding Addyson – One family's struggle in the Moore tornado
- 8648Hobby Lobby argues case before federal judges
- 7837Blake Shelton's "Healing the Heartland" televised tornado benefit set for Wednesday at Chesapeake Energy Arena
- 7718Story behind the photo: Family members describe desperate search for one another after EF5 twister