Parents Helping Parents meets Nov. 6
EDMOND -- The Edmond Chapter of Parents Helping Parents will meet at 6:30 p.m. Tuesday, Nov. 6, at the Oklahoma Blood Institute's private meeting room at 33rd and Broadway Extension.
The speaker will be Cindy Satterfield LPC, LADC, NCGCII, CBHCM. Her topic will be "It's OK to be OK even when the addicted child is not."
Cindy will focus on her observations of the destruction that is caused when parents get so caught up in their child’s addiction. The family forgets how to nurture and care for their own happiness, health and peace. In addition, she will discuss the grief process that is necessary for parents.
Cindy understands us; she is in recovery herself and she has three son’s, all of whom suffered from the disease of addiction.
For more information, please call 642-8198.
News Photo Galleriesview all
- 17743Oklahoma medical examiner reports cause of deaths in Grand Lake boat crash
- 11674Oklahoma State football: Todd Monken thinks Wes Lunt should've stayed in Stillwater
- 10443Oklahoma City Thunder: Amnesty Kendrick Perkins?
- 10260OKC Thunder: Thunder trio praise fans before potential departures
- 10191Rockets guard Patrick Beverley bombarded with hateful Tweets after Thunder get eliminated
- 9850Report: OSU blocking Wes Lunt from transferring to the SEC, Big 12 and Southern Miss
- 9805Oklahoma football: Sooners get pair of commitments