Catholic Charities will celebrate its centennial with Mass, visit from cardinal
Catholic Charities in Oklahoma began with a children’s orphanage 100 years ago and this year concludes its centennial celebration with a Mass and a visit from Cardinal Roger Mahoney.
An orphanage that provided a home for thousands of Oklahoma children heralded the beginning of Catholic Charities in Oklahoma City.
So said Tim O’Connor, the agency’s longtime executive director, as Catholic Charities prepares to mark its centennial with a Mass and a visit from a cardinal.
O’Connor said Catholic Charities, an affiliate of the Archdiocese of Oklahoma City, will conclude its yearlong centennial commemoration with Mass on Sunday at Our Lady’s Cathedral in...
View full article on Oklahoman.com
How do I get Full Access?
News Photo Galleriesview all
- 13258OKC Thunder: Thunder trio praise fans before potential departures
- 7144Oklahoma weather: Crews work to clear storm damage in Oklahoma City as the state braces for severe weather Sunday.
- 7131Oklahoma State football: Todd Monken thinks Wes Lunt should've stayed in Stillwater
- 6694Student shot dead during botched home invasion
- 6025Oklahoma medical examiner reports cause of deaths in Grand Lake boat crash
- 5256Oklahoma football: Sooners get pair of commitments
- 5146Soaring gasoline prices hurt Oklahoma City area retailers