Parents responsible for teaching children respect for authority
Regarding “OKC district to shut down school for a day of training” (News, Oct. 30): What's this about sending teachers back to school for a class in disciplining students? When I was growing up, discipline was done at home by parents. We learned right from wrong (yes, there are such things) and that we should respect our teacher, who was in authority. We knew we were going to school to learn reading, writing and arithmetic. If we got into trouble at school, parents would give us more trouble when we got home. Teachers can't do everything — even if you pay them a million dollars a year.
NewsOK Related Articles
Carol Maguire, Meeker
Readers wishing to respond to a letter to the editor can submit a response.
Voices Photo Galleriesview all
- 13135OKC Thunder: Thunder trio praise fans before potential departures
- 7091Oklahoma State football: Todd Monken thinks Wes Lunt should've stayed in Stillwater
- 6692Oklahoma weather: Crews work to clear storm damage in Oklahoma City as the state braces for severe weather Sunday.
- 6620Student shot dead during botched home invasion
- 5959Oklahoma medical examiner reports cause of deaths in Grand Lake boat crash
- 5205Oklahoma football: Sooners get pair of commitments
- 5081Soaring gasoline prices hurt Oklahoma City area retailers