National touring production of ‘Mary Poppins’ comes to Oklahoma City
University of Oklahoma graduate Con O’Shea-Creal portrays the chimney sweep Bert in the national touring production of the musical “Mary Poppins,” which will be performed in Oklahoma City on Tuesday through Nov. 11.
For those seeking a career in the musical theater, life on the road can be a blessing and a curse. Being cast in a touring production of a Broadway musical means steady work — eight performances a week, a substantial paycheck and per diem that takes care of meals, lodging and other related expenses.
But traveling to a different city every week can take its toll on any performer, regardless of age. Being on the road also means living out of a suitcase for months at a time. Furthermore, an...
View full article on Oklahoman.com
How do I get Full Access?
News Photo Galleriesview all
- 12287Oklahoma tornadoes: Plaza Towers Elementary School teacher shoved students into bathroom as wall collapsed
- 11384Oklahoma tornadoes: Cost, custom keep basements scarce
- 6956Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 6508Finding Addyson – One family's struggle in the Moore tornado
- 4900Downtown wish list includes Super Target
- 4357OU softball: Sooners inspired by Casey Angle, run-rule Texas A&M
- 3734Oklahoma City pastor will face trial in fatal shooting of son-in law