Prosecutors call for significant, lengthy prison sentence for former leader of Oklahoma Senate
Federal prosecutors ask judge to reject former Oklahoma Senate leader Mike Morgan’s request for probation. A jury convicted Morgan of taking $12,000 in bribes.
Federal prosecutors Friday called on a judge to sentence former Senate leader Mike Morgan to a significant, lengthy prison term to deter other public officials “tempted by corruption.”
Morgan, 57, of Stillwater, faces up to 10 years in prison on his bribery conviction. Morgan is seeking probation and still claims he is innocent.
The sentencing has not been set yet....
View full article on Oklahoman.com
How do I get Full Access?
News Photo Galleriesview all
- 14862OKC Thunder: Thunder trio praise fans before potential departures
- 11951Oklahoma State football: Todd Monken thinks Wes Lunt should've stayed in Stillwater
- 8347Oklahoma medical examiner reports cause of deaths in Grand Lake boat crash
- 6661Oklahoma football: Sooners get pair of commitments
- 6166Soaring gasoline prices hurt Oklahoma City area retailers
- 5685Student shot dead during botched home invasion
- 4422Oklahoma City Thunder: Amnesty Kendrick Perkins?