High school football: Dakota Blackwell's interception seals Ada's win over Douglass
Dakota Blackwell came up with a goal-line interception that ultimately sealed Ada's 26-21 victory Friday night at Moses F. Miller Stadium.
Moments after an incredible run that appeared to swing all of the momentum to the Douglass sideline, Ada senior Dakota Blackwell turned everything back around.
Photoview all 39 photos
NewsOK Related Articles
One play after Douglass running back Chris High broke multiple tackles on an 80-yard run that put the Trojans in striking distance for a go-ahead touchdown in the final minute, Blackwell came up with a goal-line interception that ultimately sealed Ada's 26-21 victory Friday night at Moses F. Miller Stadium.
The win also finished off the Cougars' 10-0 season and first district championship since 2005.
“He's a kid who has hung around the program and hasn't played a whole lot until this year,” Ada coach Matt Weber said of the 5-foot-9, 155-pound Blackwell. “He has worked his tail off to be a good football player, and we're confident having him out there. He made a big play when we needed it.”
The Cougars took control of the game with a pair of third-quarter touchdown drives to go up 26-14, the last score a 50-yard hookup between quarterback Wyatt Robson and receiver Easton Pingleton.
Sports Photo Galleriesview all
- 20729Oklahoma medical examiner reports cause of deaths in Grand Lake boat crash
- 17578Oklahoma City Thunder: Amnesty Kendrick Perkins?
- 11978Rockets guard Patrick Beverley bombarded with hateful Tweets after Thunder get eliminated
- 10703Rx drug bills sent to Oklahoma governor
- 8989Report: OSU blocking Wes Lunt from transferring to the SEC, Big 12 and Southern Miss
- 8551Tulsa man tells police he smashed woman's head in self-defense
- 8339Oklahoma football: Sooners get pair of commitments