Oklahoma football: ISU coach Paul Rhoads says OU's team 'full of men'
Here is a look at what players and coaches were saying after Oklahoma's 35-20 win over Iowa State.
Here is a look at what players and coaches were saying after Oklahoma's 35-20 win over Iowa State:
* OU running back Brennan Clay on his performance (157 yards and a touchdown on 24 carries): “I'm blessed. Damien, it was a sad situation he was out. But I came in, was able to step up. They recruit us for that, and that's what I was able to do.”
Videoview all videos
Nov 3Landry Jones threw four touchdown passes and Brennan Clay...
Nov 3Berry Tramel and Jason Kersey recap the Sooners'...
Photoview all 47 photos
NewsOK Related Articles
* ISU coach Paul Rhoads on Oklahoma's receivers: “The football team is full of men. That team is big all around and is skilled at every position. They played to the level of their physical ability.”
* OU wide receiver Justin Brown on his 40-yard catch that set up a touchdown at the end of the first half: “We knew it was going to be a two-minute situation and we would have to take some shots down field. Landry threw it up and that is when he trusts us, so we have to come down with those catches.”
* Rhoads on Durrell Given's interceptions: “His first interception was a big-time play. It was a big-time catch and a great break on the ball. They say that defensive backs should be able to cover one third of the pass distance while the ball is in the air, and he did that and maybe more on that play.”
* OU wide receivers coach Jay Norvell on getting a lot of receivers on the field: “It was good. We went into this game really trying to get all of those guys in a rotation and get them on the field. (Trey) Metoyer got his hands on the ball; Durron Neal. Lacoltan (Bester) was in there. We've just got to continue to do that, and use all the weapons that we have, and then also get all the guys playing at the highest level that they can blocking when they don't have the ball. That could be a good mix for us down the stretch, because we're gonna have to play really hard to win these games.”
Sports Photo Galleriesview all
- 12604Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 10239Oklahoma tornadoes: Cost, custom keep basements scarce
- 9732Finding Addyson – One family's struggle in the Moore tornado
- 9189Oklahoma tornadoes: Plaza Towers Elementary School teacher shoved students into bathroom as wall collapsed
- 6670Miranda Lambert, Reba McEntire, Vince Gill to join Blake Shelton at "Healing in the Heartland" Oklahoma tornado benefit
- 4472Oklahoma tornadoes: Woman meets the military officer who shared the clothes off his back
- 4240Oklahoma tornadoes: Sooners bring back some smiles to Sydney Angle's teammates