Oklahoma football: Sooners defense bounces back with 'OK' performance vs. Iowa State
Oklahoma's defense bounced back and played “OK, but not great” in the Sooners' 35-20 victory against Iowa State, defensive coordinator Mike Stoops said.
AMES — Getting over the loss to Notre Dame wasn't easy.
At least not for Oklahoma's defense.
At least not according to Mike Stoops.
Videoview all videos
Nov 3Landry Jones threw four touchdown passes and Brennan Clay...
Nov 3Berry Tramel and Jason Kersey recap the Sooners'...
Photoview all 47 photos
NewsOK Related Articles
“You invest a great deal,” Stoops said. “I know it's hard for y'all to understand what goes into a preparation. You're not supposed to. But into a game each week, there's a huge investment and certainly we were disappointed in the outcome the week before.”
Oklahoma's defense bounced back and played “OK, but not great” in the Sooners' 35-20 victory against Iowa State.
“Not great” comes from the Sooners defense giving up two touchdowns, creating only one turnover and getting three major (and five total) penalties called on them.
“It was a tough week bouncing back off of a tough game last week,” Stoops said. “They got a couple drives in the second half but overall I thought the key for us in the game was not giving up touchdowns early on those two turnovers.”
But Oklahoma's defense did give a quarterback, who was 20-for-40 for 191 yards, and running backs, who rushed for 99 yards total, space to drive the team down the field to score.
Oklahoma's defense allowed 20 points to the Cyclones, the most ISU has ever scored against a Bob Stoops-coached Sooners squad.
Sports Photo Galleriesview all
- 19883Oklahoma medical examiner reports cause of deaths in Grand Lake boat crash
- 16750Oklahoma City Thunder: Amnesty Kendrick Perkins?
- 12000Rx drug bills sent to Oklahoma governor
- 11023Rockets guard Patrick Beverley bombarded with hateful Tweets after Thunder get eliminated
- 8434Report: OSU blocking Wes Lunt from transferring to the SEC, Big 12 and Southern Miss
- 8422Tulsa man tells police he smashed woman's head with machete in self-defense
- 7521Oklahoma football: Sooners get pair of commitments