Oklahoma State football: Coach Mike Gundy not sure if Wes Lunt or Clint Chelf will start at QB Saturday
The Oklahoman's Gina Mizell and Anthony Slater provided live coverage of Mike Gundy's Oklahoma State football press conference via Twitter. It followed OSU's 44-30 loss to Kansas State. OSU takes on West Virginia on Saturday in Stillwater. Kickoff has been set for 2:30 P.M.
Oklahoma State coach Mike Gundy said Monday that he expects quarterbacks Wes Lunt and Clint Chelf to both get practice time this week, but Gundy admitted he was unsure which player will start Saturday's game vs. West Virginia.
Chelf replaced Lunt in the third quarter of the Cowboys' loss to Kansas State on Saturday after Lunt left the game with an apparent concussion.
Chelf, who came into the season as the third-string quarterback, threw for 233 yards and a touchdown with one interception.
Early in the season, Chelf fell behind Lunt and J.W. Walsh on the Cowboys' depth chart. But injuries to Lunt and Walsh (season-ending) have forced Chelf into action.
The Cowboys take on West Virginia and a few familiar faces -- coaches Dana Holgorsen, Joe DeForest and Robert Gillespie -- on Saturday at 2:30 p.m. in Stillwater. The game is set to be televised on ABC (Cox 8).
Here is a look at what else Gundy had to say at his weekly press conference:
Sports Photo Galleriesview all
- 20835Oklahoma medical examiner reports cause of deaths in Grand Lake boat crash
- 17666Oklahoma City Thunder: Amnesty Kendrick Perkins?
- 12055Rockets guard Patrick Beverley bombarded with hateful Tweets after Thunder get eliminated
- 10703Rx drug bills sent to Oklahoma governor
- 9067Report: OSU blocking Wes Lunt from transferring to the SEC, Big 12 and Southern Miss
- 8577Tulsa man tells police he smashed woman's head in self-defense
- 8462Oklahoma football: Sooners get pair of commitments