State colleges: Southwestern State running back Aaron Wilson is Player of the Week
The senior ran for 289 yards and two touchdowns during the Bulldogs' 38-21 win Saturday over Arkansas-Monticello.
Aaron Wilson, Southwestern State
*Position: Running back
*Height, weight: 5-foot-10, 195 pounds
*Hometown: Wichita, Kan.
*Scouting report: Wilson ran for 289 yards and two touchdowns to help the Bulldogs whip Arkansas-Monticello 38-21 on Saturday in Weatherford. Wilson carried the ball 30 times, averaging 9.6 yards. Three weeks ago, the computer science major had a similar explosion against Arkansas Tech. He ran for 290 yards and two TDs on 27 carries, but Southwestern State lost that game, 45-37. For the season, Wilson has a team best 899 yards and six touchdowns on 170 carries.
*Did you know?: Wilson played for Butler (Kan.) Community College. He helped the Grizzlies finish as National Junior College Athletic Association runner-up. Wilson transferred to Southwestern State for his junior and senior seasons. As a junior, he only had 34 carries for 145 yards.
*2012 Players of the Week: Sept. 4, Terrance Dixon, Northeastern State: Sept. 11, Armonty Bryant, DE, East Central; Sept. 18, Gerald Howse, RB, Northeastern A&M; Sept. 25, Michael Hicks, LB, Southern Nazarene; Oct. 2, Jercolby Bradley, QB, Southeastern State; Oct. 9, Spencer Bond, QB, East Central; Oct. 16, Dylan Terry, QB, Southern Nazarene; Oct. 23, Avery Morris, WR, Northwestern State; Oct. 30, Joshua Birmingham, RB, Central Oklahoma
Sports Photo Galleriesview all
- 90799Read live updates from the May 20 Moore tornado
- 38051Oklahoma devastated by second round of twisters
- 13823Oklahoma City tornado so large, may not be recognized, officials say
- 12196Several kids pulled out of Oklahoma school rubble alive
- 11468How to help tornado victims
- 10241At least 51 die in Oklahoma tornado, official says
- 7786Tornado in Oklahoma City suburb causes destruction