President Barack Obama’s victory is good news for two judicial nominees in Oklahoma
After months of Republican stalling, nominations of Robert E. Bacharach and John E. Dowdell should “fly through,” Oklahoma Sen. Tom Coburn says.
WASHINGTON — Oklahoma had two election-night winners Tuesday who weren’t on any ballot — the federal judicial nominees whose confirmation votes had been stalled by Senate Republicans hoping for a new president.
With President Barack Obama’s victory, the nominations of U.S. Magistrate Judge Robert E. Bacharach and Tulsa attorney John E. Dowdell should “fly through” the Senate, Sen. Tom Coburn said...
View full article on Oklahoman.com
How do I get Full Access?
News Photo Galleriesview all
- 11863Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 10625Oklahoma tornadoes: Cost, custom keep basements scarce
- 9988Oklahoma tornadoes: Plaza Towers Elementary School teacher shoved students into bathroom as wall collapsed
- 9782Finding Addyson – One family's struggle in the Moore tornado
- 6778Miranda Lambert, Reba McEntire, Vince Gill to join Blake Shelton at "Healing in the Heartland" Oklahoma tornado benefit
- 4215Oklahoma tornadoes: 27 remain hospitalized from tornadoes
- 4087Oklahoma tornadoes: Sooners bring back some smiles to Sydney Angle's teammates