Oklahoma City police seeking female preying on seniors
Oklahoma City police say a young black woman is thought to have stolen money from at least two seniors.
A female con artist who talked her way into an 88-year-old's home under the guise of helping put away groceries robbed the woman, Oklahoma City police said Thursday.
Videoview all videos
Nov 8A female con artist who talked her way into an...
Photoview all photos
Police are looking for a woman they think has preyed on at least two seniors, Sgt. Jennifer Wardlow said.
The victim in the first incident told police she had been shopping at Crest, 4502 NW 23, when a young black female approached her and asked if she remembered her from church.
The young woman followed her through the store and helped her with her groceries before following her home. When the woman insisted she didn't need help, the young woman left. The victim then realized her wallet was gone. Her bank card was used later that day at an Oklahoma City convenience store. That incident occurred July 18.
The woman described the thief as about 5-foot-6 with a very thin build and stringy hair.
A bank teller became suspicious Sept. 4 when a regular female customer, 84, came to the Bank of Oklahoma inside of Buy for Less, 2500 N Pennsylvania Ave., with a young black female and made a large withdrawal from her account. The victim returned the next day and said her money had been stolen.
“We believe she could possibly be involved in numerous other crimes and obviously want to get her identified before she's able to victimize anybody else,” Wardlow said.
Anyone with information is asked to call Crime Stoppers at 235-7300.
See our commenting and posting policy.
News Photo Galleriesview all
- 36901Oklahoma weather: Crews work to clear storm damage in Oklahoma City as the state braces for severe weather Sunday.
- 36295Oklahoma tornadoes: 'It took it all'
- 32626Oklahoma Severe Storm Updates
- 8549Wild hogs continue to be a growing menace across Oklahoma
- 5487OKC Thunder GM Sam Presti won't amnesty Kendrick Perkins
- 4132Oklahoma City Thunder: What could Serge Ibaka learn from Hakeem Olajuwon?
- 4021Oklahoma State football: Limiting Wes Lunt's transfer options makes Mike Gundy look bad