Romney accepted his lose to Obama graciously
How will our children learn to be a good sport if we don't give better examples? The University of Oklahoma loses a football game and the badmouthing starts. The Oklahoma City Thunder blows a game and fans disappear. Barack Obama gets re-elected and disappointment turns to anger and bitterness.
NewsOK Related Articles
Let's take a lesson from a gracious loser. Mitt Romney immediately congratulated the winner, pledged his support and asked the nation to join him in prayer for the president. It's not that progressives don't understand. We remember how we felt when George W. Bush was re-elected. We just got busy and found the right person to win the next time, never losing faith in democracy and the United States of America.
Fran Morris, Oklahoma City
Readers wishing to respond to a letter to the editor can submit a response.
Voices Photo Galleriesview all
- 85341Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 16721OKC Thunder: Kevin Durant tours Moore, meets with residents
- 12445Oklahoma tornadoes: ‘All I could do was sit there and hold her'
- 12075Clippers' Donald Sterling hints coach let go to keep Chris Paul
- 11152Oklahoma tornado: Names of dead released; missing individuals located
- 9705Oklahoma tornadoes: Red Cross text donations not designated for Oklahoma
- 9037How to help tornado victims