Oklahoma State women's basketball: Cowgirls' season primer
STILLWATER — Here is a look at the key storylines for the 2012-13 season for the Oklahoma State women's basketball team:
NewsOK Related Articles
1. Revamped offense: The Cowgirls want to play a more up-tempo style. That should get Liz Donohoe and Jordan Schultz open shots in transition, and let OSU take advantage of its post players that run the floor well. And point guard Tiffany Bias should thrive playing at that pace because of her quickness and athleticism.
2. Is the “old” Toni Young back? Young spent most of last season coming off the bench, as she worked her way back from a broken arm sustained the previous March. But she was outstanding during the Cowgirls' WNIT run, topping 20 points three times and earning tournament MVP honors. Young is hoping to expand her game to the mid- and high post this season, which should allow her to use her athleticism even more.
3. Brittney Martin's initial impact: Martin, the super freshman from Syracuse, Utah, is already projected as a starter. She still has much to learn. But Cowgirls coach Jim Littell loves her ability to create her own shot, something he believes the Cowgirls have lacked in recent seasons.
OSU WOMEN'S ROSTER
Here is a breakdown of the Cowgirls' team:
Sports Photo Galleriesview all
- 77543Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 16211OKC Thunder: Kevin Durant tours Moore, meets with residents
- 13739Oklahoma tornado: Names of dead released; missing individuals located
- 12057Clippers' Donald Sterling hints coach let go to keep Chris Paul
- 11932Oklahoma tornadoes: ‘All I could do was sit there and hold her'
- 11090Oklahoma tornadoes: Red Cross text donations not designated for Oklahoma
- 11021Oklahoma tornadoes: Oklahoma tornado victims identified