Man is hurt in Yukon grain mill accident
A worker's arm was severely injured when he was caught in a conveyor belt Thursday afternoon at the old Yukon Flour Mill, authorities said.
YUKON — A worker's arm was severely injured Thursday at the Yukon Flour Mill, authorities said.
The man's name was not immediately released.
Employees were loading a tractor-trailer with canola grain about 4:30 p.m. when the man's clothing became caught in a conveyor in the basement of the mill, Fire Chief Richard King said.
The worker was lifted 12 feet from the basement in a basket and was taken to Integris Baptist Medical Center in Oklahoma City, King said.
The fire chief said the mill, near Main Street and Cornwell Drive, is operated by Northern Ag Service Inc., based in Overland Park, Kan.
See our commenting and posting policy.
News Photo Galleriesview all
- 81135Read live updates from the May 20 Moore tornado
- 32459Oklahoma devastated by second round of twisters
- 13823Oklahoma City tornado so large, may not be recognized, officials say
- 12196Several kids pulled out of Oklahoma school rubble alive
- 11468How to help tornado victims
- 10241At least 51 die in Oklahoma tornado, official says
- 7786Tornado in Oklahoma City suburb causes destruction