Tool chest is a modern take on a vintage classic
Don and Dave Runyan offer plans for carpentry projects.
Before the era of mass production, a professional woodworker finished his training by making a tool chest to carry and store his tools. Sturdy, handsome and meticulously constructed, this chest protected the source of his livelihood while advertising his skill as a craftsman.
This do-it-yourself version combines the Old World craftsmanship of a vintage tool chest with a modern, mechanic's-style design. Featuring 13 felt-lined drawers underneath a large storage compartment, the project provides plenty of space for tools while keeping them efficiently organized, protected and accessible. Details such as rubber feet and brass hardware add to its durability and enhance the chest's classic appeal.
Easy and inexpensive to build (even if you're not a master craftsman), the project is constructed almost entirely of plywood. Although it requires precise measuring and cutting, actual construction is simple. Just cut everything out, assemble the drawers and the chest separately, install the hardware, apply finish of choice and fill with your own valuable tools.
Life Photo Galleriesview all
- 14537OKC Thunder: Thunder trio praise fans before potential departures
- 9306Oklahoma State football: Todd Monken thinks Wes Lunt should've stayed in Stillwater
- 6496Oklahoma medical examiner reports cause of deaths in Grand Lake boat crash
- 6052Soaring gasoline prices hurt Oklahoma City area retailers
- 5977Student shot dead during botched home invasion
- 5977Oklahoma football: Sooners get pair of commitments
- 3990As Boy Scouts' vote on gay members nears, faith groups weigh in