Veterans remembered at Oklahoma City museum ceremony
Veterans and servicemen were honored Saturday during the annual Veterans Day ceremony the lawn of the 45th Infantry Museum in Oklahoma City.
War seems so long ago for a man who spent the last of his teenage years firing mortars from trenches in Korea.
But Saturday, distant memory was brought to the forefront again for the former infantryman Leon Rump.
His wife and daughter by his side, the 80-year-old from Hutchinson, Kan., was among several dozen who attended the annual Veterans Day ceremony at the 45th Infantry Museum in Oklahoma City....
View full article on Oklahoman.com
How do I get Full Access?
News Photo Galleriesview all
- 11863Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 10625Oklahoma tornadoes: Cost, custom keep basements scarce
- 9988Oklahoma tornadoes: Plaza Towers Elementary School teacher shoved students into bathroom as wall collapsed
- 9782Finding Addyson – One family's struggle in the Moore tornado
- 6778Miranda Lambert, Reba McEntire, Vince Gill to join Blake Shelton at "Healing in the Heartland" Oklahoma tornado benefit
- 4215Oklahoma tornadoes: 27 remain hospitalized from tornadoes
- 4087Oklahoma tornadoes: Sooners bring back some smiles to Sydney Angle's teammates