Oklahoma men’s basketball: Newcomer Buddy Hield hoping to live up to nickname
His teammates dubbed him “The Microwave” in the preseason for heating things up off the bench. But as Romero Osby reminded him, Buddy Hield’s got to keep earning that nickname.
NORMAN — Sooner Nation, welcome freshman Buddy Hield. The Microwave.
Well, it’s a temporary nickname.
He has to continue to earn the preseason title his teammates gave him over a long stretch of games in regular-season play.
But they think he’s more than earned it for preseason production — the way he’s heated things up off the bench in both games, leading all scorers in Oklahoma’s second exhibition game...
View full article on Oklahoman.com
How do I get Full Access?
News Photo Galleriesview all
- 57337Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 14801Bradley Cooper, Zach Galifianakis, Ed Helms drink in success of 'Hangover' series
- 9259Hobby Lobby argues case before federal judges
- 7518Oklahoma tornadoes: Thunder reverses the role, takes a turn at cheering on the community
- 6644Oklahoma tornadoes: Woman meets the military officer who shared the clothes off his back
- 6577Rock, pop, country acts give talents and time to help Oklahoma tornado victims
- 6568How to help tornado victims