Midwest City's Veterans Day parade includes huge flag, flyover
Midwest City's Veterans Day parade stretched more than a mile along the city's busiest streets.
MIDWEST CITY — Hundreds of spectators waving small U.S. flags lined the streets along the Veterans Day parade route on Monday morning.
A flyover performed by F-16s from the 138th Fighter Wing, Oklahoma Air National Guard unit in Tulsa, also thrilled spectators.
Five veterans served as the parade's grand marshals.
Kicking off the parade was the Naval Reserve seven-story American flag carried by 100 volunteers. The flag is 50 feet by 76 feet, weighs 110 pounds and was sponsored by the Midwest City Chapter of Disabled American Veterans.
News Photo Galleriesview all
- 36901Oklahoma weather: Crews work to clear storm damage in Oklahoma City as the state braces for severe weather Sunday.
- 36295Oklahoma tornadoes: 'It took it all'
- 32626Oklahoma Severe Storm Updates
- 8549Wild hogs continue to be a growing menace across Oklahoma
- 5487OKC Thunder GM Sam Presti won't amnesty Kendrick Perkins
- 4132Oklahoma City Thunder: What could Serge Ibaka learn from Hakeem Olajuwon?
- 4021Oklahoma State football: Limiting Wes Lunt's transfer options makes Mike Gundy look bad