Owner of First National Center in Oklahoma City seeks to avoid jail time
A judge in Las Vegas has been presented with character references that seek to portray Aaron Yashouafar, owner of First National Center in Oklahoma City, as an honest, ethical businessman as he pleads guilty to embezzlement.
The Village Voice called Aaron Yashouafar one of New York City’s “ten worst slumlords.” Tenants staged a revolt against Yashouafar in an upscale high-rise condominium he developed in Las Vegas.
In Oklahoma City, he’s viewed with suspicion after city officials discovered what they believed to be fraudulently submitted check copies for reimbursement. And coast to coast, the man best...
View full article on Oklahoman.com
How do I get Full Access?
News Photo Galleriesview all
- 402At least 51 die in Oklahoma tornado, official says
- 378Oklahoma devastated by second round of twisters
- 347How to help tornado victims
- 247Read live updates from the May 20 Moore tornado
- 147Several kids pulled out of Oklahoma school rubble alive
- 93Twitter reaction from the sports world on the Moore/OKC tornadoes
- 52Social media used to send prayers and condolences to Oklahoma in wake of deadly tornadoes