Oklahoma parents found in a smoke-filled room with marijuana in front of their child
Oklahoma City police arrested a man and woman after officers found them with their 1-year-old child in a smoke-filled bedroom with marijuana paraphernalia, police reported.
A mother and father were arrested after officers found them with their 1-year-old child in a smoke-filled room with marijuana paraphernalia, Oklahoma City police said.
Megan Craig, 18, was arrested on complaints of child endangerment, possession of a controlled and dangerous substance in the presence of a minor, drug paraphernalia violation and possession of marijuana.
Kevon Latrell Dillard, 19, was arrested on complaints of child endangerment, possession of a controlled and dangerous substance in the presence of a minor and trespassing on private property.
Police were called about 6:50 p.m. Tuesday to the 4200 block of N Everest Avenue in response to a possible trespasser, according to the incident report.
Officers said they smelled a strong odor of burning marijuana coming from a bedroom and the door to the bedroom was partially opened, according to the report.
Officers report they saw Craig with a bong on her lap and a burned marijuana roach in a bowl. Dillard was sitting next to their 1-year-old child. Officers said the room was hazy, smoky and smelled of marijuana smoke, according to the report.
Craig yelled at police and her brother, who reported Dillard as the trespasser, stating that she didn't do anything wrong, according to the report.
Craig and Dillard were taken to Oklahoma County jail.
See our commenting and posting policy.
News Photo Galleriesview all
- 80469Oklahoma tornadoes: 'It took it all'
- 30097Oklahoma Severe Storm Updates
- 29530Oklahoma State football: Limiting Wes Lunt's transfer options makes Mike Gundy look bad
- 25550Oklahoma weather: Crews work to clear storm damage in Oklahoma City as the state braces for severe weather Sunday.
- 7945Bounty hunters look for bail jumpers, fugitives on the streets of Oklahoma City
- 7267Oklahoma City Thunder: What could Serge Ibaka learn from Hakeem Olajuwon?
- 7260Severe storms possible in Oklahoma again Monday