Norman prepares for annual Community Thanksgiving Dinner
Volunteers and donations are still being accepted for Norman's annual Community Thanksgiving Dinner, which is set for 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. Thanksgiving Day.
NORMAN — Volunteers and monetary donations are still needed for this year's Community Thanksgiving Dinner, organizers said.
Dinner will be served from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. Thanksgiving Day in The Commons at Norman High School, 911 W Main St. Meal delivery is available for shut-ins by calling 360-4954.
The dinner is coordinated annually by Food and Shelter Inc., United Way of Norman, the city of Norman, the Salvation Army and Community Action of Central Oklahoma.
“Everyone is welcome, and no reservations are needed,” said Renee O'Leary, of the United Way of Norman.
About 150 volunteers generally are needed to help prepare, serve and/or clean up after the meal, organizers said, and monetary donations go toward providing the traditional dishes of a holiday dinner.
To volunteer, call 360-4954, ext. 103. To donate money, send checks or money orders to Food and Shelter Inc., P.O. Box 5537, Norman, OK 73069.
Food and Shelter also is accepting coat donations in preparation for the winter. Coats may be dropped off at the organization, 104 W Comanche St.
News Photo Galleriesview all
- 54539Read live updates from the May 20 Moore tornado
- 32179Oklahoma devastated by second round of twisters
- 12196Several kids pulled out of Oklahoma school rubble alive
- 11468How to help tornado victims
- 10241At least 51 die in Oklahoma tornado, official says
- 9189Oklahoma City tornado so large, may not be recognized, officials say
- 7786Tornado in Oklahoma City suburb causes destruction