Woman's salsa proves to be recipe for success
Susan Witt's unique recipe for salsa became the basis for her new company, Unique Foods.
About the company
• Owner: Susan Witt.
• Founded: 2012.
• Main product: Ace in the Bowl salsas.
• Where to buy: The Gourmet Gallery, Kaye's Gift Shop, Oklahoma's Red Dirt Emporium, On A Whim and others.
Unique salsas a winning hand
Twenty years ago, Susan Witt made salsa from her own recipe and brought it to a party. She was bombarded with requests to package, market and sell the salsa — but it just wasn't the right time for her, she said.
Witt continued making batches of salsa over the years, but finally decided 2012 was the year her unique recipe would be the basis for her new company, Unique Foods.
She attended a basic training workshop at Oklahoma State University's Robert M. Kerr Food & Agriculture Products Center in February and with their help, started developing “Ace in the Bowl” salsas.
Business Photo Galleriesview all
- 36498Oklahoma weather: Crews work to clear storm damage in Oklahoma City as the state braces for severe weather Sunday.
- 32022Oklahoma Severe Storm Updates
- 18998Oklahoma tornado levels homes in trailer park
- 7837Wild hogs continue to be a growing menace across Oklahoma
- 6469OKC Thunder GM Sam Presti won't amnesty Kendrick Perkins
- 3675College football: Coaches, athletes weigh in on NCAA's suspended recruiting proposals
- 3601Student shot dead during botched home invasion