Oklahoma man dies after rolling truck, OHP says
YALE (AP) — The Oklahoma Highway Patrol says a Yale man has died after he rolled his pickup truck while driving in circles in a rural Payne County field.
Authorities say 48-year-old William Taylor was “doing donuts” in his pickup truck on Monday when he lost control of his vehicle in the soft sand of the field. Authorities say Taylor's truck rolled over and he was pinned for about 1.5 hours.
The highway patrol says Taylor died Wednesday afternoon at a hospital.
A passenger was not injured.
See our commenting and posting policy.
News Photo Galleriesview all
- 81708Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 16515OKC Thunder: Kevin Durant tours Moore, meets with residents
- 12409Oklahoma tornado: Names of dead released; missing individuals located
- 12217Oklahoma tornadoes: ‘All I could do was sit there and hold her'
- 12064Clippers' Donald Sterling hints coach let go to keep Chris Paul
- 10403Oklahoma tornadoes: Red Cross text donations not designated for Oklahoma
- 9163How to help tornado victims