Eight Centennial Mid-High School students arrested after fights at Oklahoma City school
Fights broke out about 11 a.m. at Centennial Mid-High School. Oklahoma City police arrested eight students.
8 students arrested after fights
Police took eight Oklahoma City high school students into custody after a series of fights broke out Thursday at Centennial Mid-High School, a school district spokeswoman said. Four fights occurred about 11 a.m. in classrooms, hallways and other areas at the school, 1301 NE 101, spokeswoman Tierney Tinnin said. One adult male and seven juveniles — five females and two males — were arrested on complaints of disorderly conduct by fighting, officials said. Police do not release the names of juveniles arrested on misdemeanor complaints, Capt. Dexter Nelson said. Tremayne Walker, 18, was taken to the Oklahoma County jail. No one was taken to the hospital after the fights, Tinnin said. School officials are trying to determine what sparked the fights. The school's resource officer, staff members and police from the area stepped in to separate the students involved.
JULIANA KEEPING, Staff Writer
See our commenting and posting policy.
News Photo Galleriesview all
- 21543Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 10852Oklahoma tornadoes: Woman meets the military officer who shared the clothes off his back
- 8707Oklahoma tornadoes: Thunder reverses the role, takes a turn at cheering on the community
- 8666Finding Addyson – One family's struggle in the Moore tornado
- 8648Hobby Lobby argues case before federal judges
- 7837Blake Shelton's "Healing the Heartland" televised tornado benefit set for Wednesday at Chesapeake Energy Arena
- 7718Story behind the photo: Family members describe desperate search for one another after EF5 twister