Guardsman aims to increase use of CNG as alternative to foreign oil
Oklahoma Natural Guard member Justin Steckman wants to help reduce America’s reliance on foreign oil, so he and his partners have opened a shop that converts vehicles to run on natural gas.
Justin Steckman got an up-close view of some of the world’s energy issues during two deployments with the Oklahoma National Guard.
The thing that struck him most is the use of natural gas in the Middle East as a transportation fuel, while those countries export oil to the United States.
Steckman said that is the reason he decided to get into the compressed natural gas business.
News Photo Galleriesview all
- 90847Read live updates from the May 20 Moore tornado
- 38051Oklahoma devastated by second round of twisters
- 13823Oklahoma City tornado so large, may not be recognized, officials say
- 12196Several kids pulled out of Oklahoma school rubble alive
- 11468How to help tornado victims
- 10241At least 51 die in Oklahoma tornado, official says
- 9606Oklahoma State football: Limiting Wes Lunt's transfer options makes Mike Gundy look bad