Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 19883Oklahoma medical examiner reports cause of deaths in Grand Lake boat crash
- 16750Oklahoma City Thunder: Amnesty Kendrick Perkins?
- 12000Rx drug bills sent to Oklahoma governor
- 11023Rockets guard Patrick Beverley bombarded with hateful Tweets after Thunder get eliminated
- 8434Report: OSU blocking Wes Lunt from transferring to the SEC, Big 12 and Southern Miss
- 8422Tulsa man tells police he smashed woman's head with machete in self-defense
- 7521Oklahoma football: Sooners get pair of commitments
- 6223Oklahoma State football: Todd Monken thinks Wes Lunt should've stayed in Stillwater
- 5055Oklahoma City psychiatrist fined $25K for letting students write prescriptions
- 4821Will a MAPS 4 initiative involve a football stadium downtown?
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients
For women's holiday gifts, think fabulous, not practical
BY HEATHER WARLICK email@example.com | Published: November 18, 2012
Shopping for the perfect Christmas gift for the special women in your life doesn't have to be a huge challenge. Whether that woman is your wife, girlfriend, mother, sister or daughter, the perfect gift is likely not the most practical gift. For many women, the ideal gift is one that she didn't even know she wanted. Forget about selecting a sensible gift. Choose something that's going to make her feel glamorous, beautiful and special.
“This time of year, ladies see big ticket items that they feel a bit guilty about purchasing for themselves and that seem like an indulgence,” said Eden Turrentine, store manager at Liberte, a women's boutique in Classen Curve. “They key to finding the best item for a woman is to listen carefully to her this time of year, ask a friend of hers, or visit a shop she frequents often that knows of things she secretly would love.”
Here are a few ideas for some glamorous and luxurious gifts for the women you love.
The scent of love. It's no secret that smell is one of the strongest senses. The particular perfume a woman wears often will always remind her of the events of her life during the time period she wore the scent. That scent will also always fondly remind her of the person who gave it to her. A few beautiful scents for this holiday season: Gucci Premiere, a dramatic and intriguing scent inspired by Hollywood glamour; Michael Kors Gold Rose Edition, a voluptuous bouquet of tuberose and sandalwood; Kiehl's Artisan Orange Flower Eau de Toilette, a fruity-floral infusion of lychee, honey and Moroccan rose.
Shoes and boots. What woman doesn't love shoes and boots? Lavish a pair of sexy footwear on the love of your life and you likely won't regret it. A pair of tall black or brown boots will go with almost any winter outfit. Or choose a pair of spiked platform pumps that will make a major statement every time she wears them. Think of the major style points you'll receive every time she says, “Thanks, my husband picked them out for me.”
Comfy and cozy clothes. Buy her a super-soft matching track suit and she'll know you'll love her forever. There's just nothing more reassuring than the man in your life giving you a gift that says “I want you to be deliriously comfortable and I don't care if that means you'll be wearing a velveteen sweatsuit.” Warm and cozy scarves, fingerless mittens and woolen hats carry a similar message.