CNG deductions paid for by users
In response to Tony Patton (Your Views, Nov. 12): How about the government stepping in? The Oklahoma Tax Commission allows a tax deduction for buying a compressed natural gas vehicle. Zero dollars from Oklahoma Natural Gas are applied to the rebate program. The program is funded by those who buy CNG. at the pump. Oklahoma allowed ONG to raise the price at the pump 25 cents a gallon. Those who are driving CNG cars are funding the rebate program. The low price of the fuel and the tax deduction are incentive enough to use CNG. ONG needs to pay those on file and end the program, to include lowering the price per gallon by the 25 cents they raised it.
NewsOK Related Articles
Ron Huffines, Oklahoma City
Readers wishing to respond to a letter to the editor can submit a response.
Voices Photo Galleriesview all
- 72395Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 14464Bradley Cooper, Zach Galifianakis, Ed Helms drink in success of 'Hangover' series
- 8451Hobby Lobby argues case before federal judges
- 7239How to help tornado victims
- 6453Oklahoma tornadoes: Rams quarterback Sam Bradford leading aid effort
- 6316Rock, pop, country acts give talents and time to help Oklahoma tornado victims
- 6292Oklahoma tornadoes: Thunder reverses the role, takes a turn at cheering on the community